Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's just a little sleepover, but still . . .

My boy is staying over at his friend's house tonight - it's his very first sleepover. He was ecstatic about going, didn't seem the least bit nervous. This is his very best friend, after all, and they haven't seen each other all through holiday break. For an 8 year old, that's an eternity.

I packed his pajamas, his toothbrush, his Pillow Pet - all the essentials he'd forgotten in the excitement of packing those all-important toys. I taped our phone number to the outside of his bag, just in case he decided this was a sleep-under, not a sleepover. But I don't think it will be.

The house seems so quiet without him already, without his goofy antics, his laughter, his constant questions. I know I'm being silly - he's only been gone a few hours. And I know he's having fun.

But I miss him already.

No comments:

Post a Comment