Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Exercise? Love to, but it's too dang cold


My friend left work today, excited because she was heading straight to her new gym. For a few minutes I was envious. She would, after all, get to work out without small companions who make comments like, "Look, mom, I can stretch, too! I can stretch more than you!!" and "Wow, mom! Look how much the Wii says you weigh!!"

But then I looked outside and saw it was snowing. Again. My motivation left as quickly as it had arrived. Don't get me wrong. I want to be fit. I want sculpted arms and washboard abs and a butt you can bounce a quarter off of - yes, yes, I want it all.

But it's 10 freaking degrees outside. And it Won't Stop Snowing. I don't want to move. I want to wrap in a soft blanket, sit by the fire, drink tea and read books. Or maybe watch old movies.

Wait. What if I actually got up to change the channel? I've heard that can be done. I wonder ... how many calories would it burn?

No comments:

Post a Comment