Wednesday, May 7, 2014

RIP, wedding diamond. I miss you.

So the blog is back.

I have no idea \why I stopped writing it for so long, but no matter - it has returned, and that's all that matters. I'm just sorry it went missing for so long. I hope you'll follow me again, if you don't already.

And speaking of missing ... imagine this. You're sitting in your favorite chair, relaxing in front of the television, you turn, and your left hand scratches your right.

Only it shouldn't - because your left hand has a wedding ring on it. With a solid, smooth diamond.

It's been there forever, practically. So you look down. And the ring is there, but the diamond isn't.

It's gone. GONE. Just four forlorn little prongs remain.

That's what happened to me this weekend. It was incredibly disconcerting, I did a double-take. A triple-take. But the stone was gone, baby, gone. I turned the house upside down, of course, but it was like looking for, well, a diamond in a haystack.

That diamond was with me for two childbirths, two funerals, multiple jobs, countless meals, lots of laughs, a few tears and and even a few disastrous vacations.

My hand feels incredibly bare. I know it was just an inanimate object, but I miss that little stone a lot.

My husband promised me a new one - but it won't be the same.

At least, as he says, we're still married. And that's worth more than any old rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment